1. Chittorgarh Fort- District Chittorgarh
• Producer – According to Shyamaldas (Bhilwara), author of Veer Vinod
King Chitrangad Maurya of the Maurya dynasty had got it done. (Kumar Pal Management
According to this, Chitrang Maurya has been described as its author.
The mention of Chitrang Maurya, the builder of this fort, is also found in Muhnaut Nainasi Ri Khyat.
It has been told.)
• Hill- Plateau of Mesa on the hill of Chitrakoot. (616 m high)
• Type of Fort – Giri Fort
It is the largest fort in Rajasthan in terms of area.
• Length 8 km, width-2 km.
Mango Chikoo Carrot
Spread over 279 hectares.
Surname- (1) Chitrakoot Garh (2) Vichitrakoot (3) Mahadurg (4) Khizrabad
(5) Living Fort – 1 (6) Pride of Rajasthan (7) Gateway of Malwa
(8) Southern gateway of Rajasthan (9) Sirmaur of ancient fort.
Sangam – The fort is situated at the confluence of Gambhiri and Bedach.
Modern builder- Kumbha (builder of most of the palaces)
It was included in the World Heritage on 21 June 2013.
Apart from Dhanvan Fort, this fort is a fort included in all categories.
It is the largest surviving fort (residential fort) of Rajasthan.
• The only fort in Rajasthan on which agriculture is done.
• The first attack on this fort was done by Subedar Mamu of Afghanistan.
• Bappa Rawal (Kalbhoj), the ruler of Guhil dynasty of Mewar, defeated Maurya.
After defeating Manmori, the last ruler of the Chittor dynasty in 734
● Entrance to the fort – It has seven entrances.
Dwar- Padanpol- This is the memorial of Rawat Bagh Singh of Pratapgarh.
I Darwaza is also known as Patwan Pol/Main Bada Darwaza.
■ Door- Bhairav Pol (Idol of Bheruji is installed.)
III Gate – Hanuman Pol (The statue of Hanuman ji is installed.)
Note between Bhairavpol and Hanumanpol Jaimal Rathore, Kalla ji
Rathore’s canopy has been made.
Fourth gate – Ganeshpole
v Door- Jodlapole
Sixth Door Laxman Pol
Seventh Gate – Rampole
Note that in front of the Rampole Gate is a memorial to Phatta Sisodia.
For the sake of Chittorgarh Fort-
In 1303 AD, during the reign of Ratan Singh, the first Saka-queen
Padmini did it.
Ratan Singh, Gora, Badal during the invasion of Alauddin Khilji
Got heroic speed.
The second Saka-queen Karmavati made her the ruler of Gujarat in 1535 AD.
During the invasion of Bahadur Shah
Third doubt – Akbar in 1567 AD in the time of Udai Singh
The Rani of Phatta was under the leadership of Phool Kanwar at the time of the invasion.
• Major temples of Chittorgarh-
(1) Kumbashyam / Kumbaswami Temple – was a Shiva temple, later a Vaishnava temple
Built in Panchayat style, renovated by Kumbha
(2) Kalika Mata Temple Sun Temple built in 8th century
Manmori got it done.
(3) Meera Mandir Meera Bai’s photo is displayed in this temple. of this temple
Raidas’s umbrella is made in front.
(4) Tulja Bhavani Temple – It was the deity of Chhatrapati Shivaji.
The temple was built by Banveer.
(5) Shringar Chanwari – Kumbh at the site of the famous Jain temple of Shantinath
Got this temple constructed. Marriage of Kumbha’s daughter Ramabai
Chavadi is made.
(6) Satbis Deori – 27 Jain temples are located. This is where the lives of the 24 Tirthankaras
There are idols.
(7) Samiddheshwar Temple – Also known as Mokal Temple. Nirman Malwa
Raja Bhoj did it. Gaumukh is built on the bank of the pond.
Major monuments and palaces of Chittorgarh Fort-
(1) Vijay Stambh – Maharana Kumbha defeated Mandu (Malwa) Multan Mahmud
Khilji was defeated in the Battle of Sarangpur (1437 AD) and
Kumbha got the Vijay Stambh built in 1440 to commemorate the victory.
Made in Chittorgarh.
Nickname – (i) Jayastambha (ii) Kirtistambha (iii) Vishnu flag (by Upendra Nath
Where) (iv) Victory Tower of Rome (v) Tarzan (Ferguson) (vi) Statues
Glossary (Dr. Gertz) (vii) Museum of Sculptures (viii) Rajasthan
Police Emblem (ix) Emblem of Board of Secondary Education Ajmer
Mark (x) Encyclopedia of Indian Sculpture (As stated by Dr. Gotz)
Height- 122 Feet, Stairs (157) Floor- 9
Postage stamp (Rs 1) issued on 15 August 1949 which
This was the first building of Rajasthan.
• Colonel James Tod called it “a better building than Qutub Minar”.
• Allah is written 9 times in Arabic on its third floor.
Swaroop Singh is considered to be its re-creator.
Its construction work lasted from 1440 to 1448.
● The building dedicated to Lord Vishnu is considered.
DGP Apna Rajasthan, Girraj Sharma, Vikas Sharma
● Jaita was the chief architect of Vijay Stambh, his sons Napa, Puja, Poma
Adi also helped in this work. Amount spent 90 lakhs
It was Rs.
• Kirti Stambha Prashasti/Jain Prashasti – located near Surajpol
Construction- Bagherwal Jain brother-in-law got it done in 10th-11th century
Dedicated – The building is dedicated to Lord Adinath. of this praise
Atribhat started the composition while Mahesh completed the composition.
Model-7 Height- 75 feet
• Padmini Mahal-
The palace of Rani Padmini of Rana Ratan Singh is situated on a water body.
Note- Princess of Sri Lanka (Singhal Island) of King Gandharvasen
There was a daughter whose parrot was of Hiraman caste.
Nawal Khan Mahal – This marriage was done by Prithviraj Sisodia’s maid Patra Banveer.
The palace was built.
The restoration work of the palace was done by Maharana Kumbha. Rana Kumbha
This is the son of Uday Singh
It was here that Pannadhay killed his son Chandan to protect Uday Singh.
• Proverb about the fort – “Gad se Chittorgarh, baki sab gadhaiyya”
• Summary of the fort – (1) Kumbh Shyam Temple in Chittorgarh Fort (2)
Kalika Temple/Sun Temple (3) Meera Temple (4) Tulja Matarani Temple (5)
Satbis (27) Jain Temple (6) Samiddheshwar Temple (7) Mokal Temple (8)
Chhatri of Kallaji (9) Chhatri of Raidas (10) Gora Badal Mahal (11)
Padmini Mahal (12) Navlakha Mahal (13) Vijay Stambh (14) Kirtistambh
Prashasti (15) Bhim Talab (16) Gomukh Kund (17) Shringar
(18) Seven gates (19) Jaimal Haveli is located.