US Secretary of State Blinken warns China of consequences over alleged support to Russia in Ukraine war and discusses spy balloon issue during meeting with Chinese counterpart.
- US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken has warned China of serious consequences if it provides material support to Russia in the Ukraine war, including potential sanctions. He raised the issue during a meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference.
- Blinken said that China may be considering giving arms and ammunition to Russia, which would be a violation of American sovereignty and international law. He called on China to remain neutral in the conflict and work towards peace.
- China has denied the news that it has demanded military equipment from Russia and has sought to remain neutral in the conflict. Chinese President Xi Jinping is an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin and has not yet condemned Russia’s invasion.
- Blinken also discussed the issue of China’s alleged spy balloons in American airspace, which he called an unacceptable violation of American sovereignty and international law. He warned that such irresponsible actions will not be tolerated and that China’s balloon program has encroached on the airspace of more than 40 countries across five continents.
- The meeting between the foreign ministers of the US and China took place amid a bitter row over China’s alleged spy balloons and escalating tensions between Russia and Ukraine.
We hope you enjoy this information and stay tuned with mondayindia.com for more such information.